Friday, March 15, 2013

Silver Linings Continued

Last Night I posted:

There is always a silver lining to life. With a special needs child comes a lot of hardships and struggles. Struggles that many people can not grasp. Sometimes you will explain things to others and they just can't wrap their head around it.

With that being said there are also upsides. There comes an appreciation for life. You learn to master negotiating. Even though on bad days your heart can ache, but on the good days the smiles are real and the happiness you do feel is pure. You have achieved so much, you're not even aware. With every hard thing that comes your way you find beauty in it.

Grace has sensory processing disorder, which with many super kids, it goes hand in hand. Every night I rock my 47 pound girl tight to my body for almost an hour, standing and swaying back and forth. I make sure I don't skip a beat to ensure her she is secure. I also sing a list of routine songs over and over again. Even when my knees can not do it anymore I some how am able to rock her on through. Every night when she finally drifts off to sleep, my eyes well with tears. My heart beats out my chest. I always hold her a little extra long just to breathe in the moment. I watch her sleep. I feel so lucky that my 5 year old girl still needs me to hold her close to me to feel secure and sleep. I cherish this. I am thankful for this. Silver linings...pieceloveautism


With that being said I realized there are so many more good things that can come out of this journey so I have devised my own list.


SILVER LININGS of  being a Super Mom

1. no drama, there is not time for it. Life is easier this way.
2. Being able to pull positive out of any negative situation
3. Laughing at the small stuff
4. Being able to pull it together on 2 hours of sleep
5. Would be really successful in a hostage negotiating, bc my days are filled with negotiating and sassing
6. I can spit out 27 acronyms in 13 seconds and define them all in 25 seconds
7. PATIENCE
8. inside jokes with spouse NO one will ever understand
9. Even though she is 5, her social level is delayed so I get to keep my baby a little longer <3
10. the people who are in my life on a daily BASIS truly love us and we are so lucky for them
11. full day of pre school
12. when I find time for a mani pedi, I can not even describe HOW amazing I feel after
13. Cherishing every little thing
14. BLOGGING 
15. ACCEPTANCE it has come easier since ASD
16. LOVE, I never knew what love was until the BOSS
17. PRIDE
18. SUPPORT
19. MELT down manager, this has given me the power to be out in public and cool typical adults down in line at the food store

and my favorite one

20. YOU ALL my readers MY SUPPORT you all inspire me. If I didn't have Grace, I wouldn't have you <3

No comments:

Post a Comment